Monday, April 21, 2008

When You Dont Look Your Age

When you are told that you don’t look your age ...it bothers you, doesn't it? We got nasty remarks like, "oh you're only 30 I thought you're 35!?" more than once from some insensitive people back in the Philippines. But I took it as, "Hmp.Well, nag dahum sad sila na baby-faced siya,ahhaha" I never slapped anyone for saying that but the words she/he said is like a sticky post in our head, right?

But what blows my mind is that even here in the States, I still get that you-dont-look-your-age remarks. Only this time, they say I look younger than my age! One time a woman guessed my age and she said I'm 15. Naks naman...Grabe naman pud si Manang.. Then someone else said I look 22. Not one could really tell my age right and when I said I'm turning 30 , you can see their eyes grow big. They can’t believe it. It was flattering at first, but later it became annoying because of the fact that my husband is older (please note older, not old LOL! ) than me. When they think that our age gap is like 30 years or more, I feel uneasy. And I feel sorry for my hubby because I don’t want people to think he is a cradle snatcher or something. You never know what's on other people's mind.

Anyway, the point is Filipinos or Asians for that matter really look younger than their white counterparts. I think it has to do with our skin and this thing called pigmentation. We have a lot of this which protect our skin from the harsh rays of the sun. Our skin don’t wrinkle as bad and as fast as the white's skin. And that's good but it also has some disadvantages especially if you are caught in the same situations I was in.

But well as long as you are happy then never mind those people who think how you are. Let’s just be happy that we are Proud to be Pinoy….labi na “BISDAK”.

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At April 23, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Blogger 2nd Unit 2nd Room said...

hehe...
well...
my friend's mum all said i don't look my age either...
i've this face since i am like 17... and now that i'm much older i still have the same face... >.<

some say it would last till at least when i am 30... not bad eh? hahaha

 
At April 25, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo bitaw, mga cute man gud ang pinoy/pinay. pinangga man ta sa ginoo maong atong color nice kaau.

 
At April 26, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

yeah agree. I do feel that western people look more mature than Asian for same age. Must be feel good to hear those compliment :)

 
At April 27, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Blogger Angel in the Sickroom said...

Hahaha! That's really funny. But for me I'd rather be seen as younger than older hehehe. I don't want to be old. But if people think you're young they don't respect you that much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home