Thursday, January 10, 2008

Baguio City, City of Lovers



I love traveling. I've been to different places in Philippines. I'm so proud that I have almost traveled my own country. One of the best places that I've been to was Baguio City.Where is Baguio?Baguio City, the only city in the Province of Benguet, is 250 kilometers north of Metro Manila. It is located in the south central part of Benguet and nestled on a 1,500-meter high plateau in the Cordillera mountain range of northern Luzon. The city, which has an area of 49 square kilometers of prime property, is highly urbanized. It has a rugged and sloping terrain dotted with pine trees. Baguio is one of the place in the Philippines I always dreamed of living in. Imagine all these, clear blue morning skies, foggy afternoons, and chilly romantic evenings.

They call Baguio as "Little America", a favorite honeymoon destination for those Filipinos who could not take the time off to go abroad, because one is transported to another time and place while in here. A graceful blend of colonial America and rich in indigenous culture, there isn't a place like this anywhere else in the world.

My friends and I went to different places in Baguio. We went to Burnham Park, they call it "Heart of Baguio City". It is located at the most valuable piece of Baguio real estate and is free for the enjoyment of visitors and residents alike. The man-made lake with rowboats for hire, a children's playground, the skating rink, the Rose Garden, the Orchidarium, Igorot Garden, Melvin Jones Grandstand, the Athletic Bowl, a Picnic Grove, the Japanese Peace Tower, Pine Trees of the World and Sunshine Park.


Next we went to Camp John Hay (CJH) Baguio's most popular destination. A beautiful resort in the mountains it features a golf course, hotels, shopping & a convention center, among other attractions.

There were still lots of attractions we went to and I was so amazed of the wonders they have in Baguio City.

It's so nice to be a traveler, I will be posting more of my travels in the Philippines.This is just the beginning of my journey in my beloved country.

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home