Saturday, March 15, 2008

Homesick????

As I'm sitting down right now in this cozy kitchen, looking out the window, seeing those birds flying freely in the sky, I just remember all my memories in the Philippines. I feel so homesick. Its been like I'm here in US for almost 4 months and I feel that I really miss my friends, my family and everyone that close to my heart.I miss my job that I love most, being a teacher.I miss the shops,the food that I usually eat...and everything about Philippines.


Yes, many people wants to come here in US to have better life, to have better future but they never know that its not easy to stay in a foreign country. The climate, its so different, the people, their culture, and the food that they eat. If you don't know how to adjust yourselves in here then better not come. Its still nice to stay in your Motherland.

I don't know why I feel this way today.Is it because that I'm almost alone everyday here in the house? I have no one to talk to, but thanks to this laptop that makes my day not get too much boredom. Oh, when can I go back and visit my family there back again in Pinas. I can't wait for that moment to be with them.

But this is my choice, this is where my future leads me so I need to face whatever struggle that I will encounter and never turn my back from it.

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

10 Comments:

At March 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Blogger talk said...

Nice thoughts....keep writing.

 
At March 16, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Blogger triShie said...

hi "tweety"...

...hope things will look brighter soon..and that God will send grt ppl ur way to share chats and hobbies with!!

 
At March 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Blogger tweety said...

ure right Trishie!thanks for inspiring me..!!

 
At March 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Blogger tweety said...

heehhe..mao lagi Ec..mingaw na gyud sa ato..but i know that this will pass by..

 
At March 16, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Blogger tweety said...

ure right Trishie!thanks for inspiring me..!!

 
At March 16, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tweety,

i know how you feel. i have been here in the U.S inday 6 years now and i'm still homesick..bisag dia ako 2 sister diri, mingaw lang japon........lyf in here in the u.s is not easy what we thought when we was in our homeland, but like you said this is the life we choice......take care and god bless you!

 
At March 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Blogger talk said...

Life is a choice man gud. If we choose to be in the U.S. then we have to live by that choice. Most of the times, there are rewards associated to our choice - most especially if we shed a little sacrifice. :-)

 
At March 18, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Blogger lareine said...

hello tweety! don't worry, even for some people who have been away from their country for a long time still gets homesick once in a while... it's normal...

and you're right: many think that being in another country is better than staying in your own country... what they find difficult to understand is that it's not easy... and no matter how hard you try to explain how you feel, they always think you're lucky to be in a place where there is winter, PX goods and dollars...

i understand your sentiments, so if you feel ranting about it, i'm just here... by the way, what subject were you teaching in the Philippines?... i'm just curious... i hope you don't mind me asking :)

by the way, i'm also looking forward to spring... you take care there!

 
At March 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Blogger tweety said...

Guyz thank u so much for uplifting my heart..and my spirit. I would just do whatever it takes to be happy in here and to feel wonderful everyday!!

 
At March 24, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Blogger Utah Mommy said...

I felt that way before but not anymore now. I miss my mother and my siblings too but not as bad as when i just barely got here. Because i have my own family here now and that keeps me busy and especially now that my family is getting big because i am expecting another baby and this time it will be a girl. I have a 3 year old soon to be boy.

I am very fascinated with your website full of meaning and i just can tell that you put your heart when you write things here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home