Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mitch Albom:The Five people you meet in Heaven

“Lost love is still love, Eddie. It just takes a different form, that’s all. You can’t hold their hand… You can’t tousle their hair… But when those senses weaken another one comes to life… Memory… Memory becomes your partner. You hold it… you dance with it… Life has to end, Eddie… Love doesn’t”

-Marguerite (Eddie’s wife)

I have remember the book I have read,"The Five People You Meet In Heaven".It took me a long time to actually finish it. 'Coz sometimes I’ve been feeling very tired and lazy. Each time I get home from work when i was still In Pinas, I usually hit the sack right away. That’s why it took me sometime to finish reading it.

Anyway, some of you might have already read this book. At first I got a li’l bored. But I could never the fact that I had goose bumps as Eddie, the 83-year-old lead character in the story, started meeting the five people he was destined to meet in heaven right after he died at the amusement park where he worked as a maintenance all his life. I got really excited to know who those people were. So I guess that’s when the story started to become quite interesting to me.

My favorite part was when Eddie finally met the fifth person in heaven. Because that person is someone that I did not expect him to meet. It was a very touching part. The only time that tears had finally fallen from my cheeks. I don’t wanna reveal who that person is. Coz I want you to find that out by yourselves when you read the book. I promise it’ll be worth your time.

And one thing that I appreciate about the story? There were few Tagalog words that were mentioned there. Like bakya, ina, tsinelas, baro, saya, etc. Wala lang. Makatawa lang ko! :-)

I think everyone should read this book just to have a glimpse of what it is like to be in heaven when our “time” comes. The book says, each of us will have our own “five people” to meet up there. Who knows? The story might be a fiction. But it might be true.

Hmmm…

Now it makes me wonder who my five people would be. *wink*

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At July 13, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

thanks for sharing this great book. I hope if I can have a chance to read it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home