Friday, January 18, 2008

Healthy life, healthy teeth


I was with my dentist yesterday cause I feel that I need to change the false teeth I got. It was my first time to see a dentist here. Of course I'm a little worried what would be the reaction of the dentist after checking my teeth. It's been awhile that I never check for dental. My hubby recommend me to his dentist named Dr. John Rottschalk.. I met him and his a very nice dentist. And the people in the clinic was so friendly.

Well, Dr. John gave me some appointments to see him again for making my teeth well again. I was then amazed of the amounts when I ask about it. Wow! it's not that cheap, really, if I compare it in the Philippines when I got my teeth done in there. I told myself that its not a joke if you have dental problem in here. You have to spend much money. I was suppose to back off, I told my hubby about it. But then he said, this is important, this is for your own good. So I then need to go back there next week for my second appointment.

Anyway, just I want to share this to you guys some simple tips on how to take care of your teeth so that you will not be spending much for your dental care. Hope this will help.Taking care of our general health as well as our teeth is the key to getting the perfect smile.

1. A healthy diet:
What you eat affects your whole body and the same rules that will keep the rest of you healthy work just as well for your teeth.
2. Say no to smoker’s teeth:
Smoking is a real no if you want gleaming, healthy teeth. Smoking turns your teeth yellow, causes bad breath and increases your risk of gum disease, breathing problems and lung cancer. If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day, you're six times more likely to develop mouth cancer. So giving up makes sense if you want to look and feel better.
3. Toothpicks:
Avoid using toothpicks as you may cause your gums to bleed and cause an infection. Floss is more gentle on teeth and gums.
4. Lightly brush your tongue to help keep your mouth clean:
You also need to clean around your teeth with dental floss every day. Careful flossing will take off plaque and leftover food that a toothbrush can't reach. Be sure to rinse after you floss. See your dentist if brushing or flossing causes your gums to bleed or hurts your mouth. If you have trouble flossing, a floss holder may help.
5. Buy a toothbrush with a larger handle.
6. Cut your food into small pieces.
7. Use lip balm with sunscreen.
8. Visit your dentist regularly for a checkup and cleaning.

No matter how old we are, we need to take care of our teeth and mouth. When our mouth is healthy, we can eat the foods we need for good nutrition. We will also feel better about smiling, talking, and laughing. Teeth are meant to last a lifetime. By taking good care of our teeth and gums, we can protect them for many years.

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home