Friday, March 28, 2008

True Friends: through thick and thin

How do you value the friends that you have right now?
"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies". – Aristotle

Perhaps the one relation that has survived the trials and hardships of time and has still remained unconditional is friendship. A unique blend of affection, loyalty, love, respect, trust and loads of fun is perhaps what describes the true meaning of friendship between two individuals. You must have similar interest’s, mutual respect and strong attachment with each other are what friends share between each other. These are just the general traits of a friendship. To experience what is friendship, one must have true friends, who are indeed rare treasure.

Way back in “Pinas” I met lot’s of friends but I do believe that only a few of them are true. A someone that never hides what’s inside them. Someone that will tells you that “this is good, this is bad,” “do this, don’t do that”..someone that is true. I have been working for 9 years in my whole life meet different kinds of people and deal with different kinds of personalities but then in my long journey to find true friends I bumped into people whom I could say yes they are "TRUE".I met them just year and half where I worked as an ESL teacher. These guys showed me and made me feel the essence of true friendship.

Some says that, being friends means being there for each other at all times, whether it's good or bad. A friend needs to be very understanding and give each other the benefit of the doubt. Well, ideally the meaning of friendship is sharing unconditional love for each other. I think that the purpose and meaning of friendship is to make life's burdens lighter for our friends and not make them heavier. The Roman thinker Cicero said "Friendship makes prosperity brighter, while it lightens adversity by sharing its griefs and anxieties."

I have been searching for the meaning of friendship and it has always been always a burning question to me. But when I get to know this Buddies, all these questions get answered automatically. For me, the answer to what is the meaning of friendship lies within our hearts, because true friendship can only be felt, and not expressed. Something so pure and essential is not always visible to the eye, but is felt by the heart.

I tried to defined each letter of the word FRIENDSHIP, and I came up to this:

F” is for Fun…… when we are together.
“R” is for Reliability…. someone that you can always rely on.
“I” is for Interest……. genuinely interested in you, your fears, joys, and life.
“E” is for Energy………pick you up when you are down, and give you the energy to g on and believe in yourself.
“N” is for Nothing……..Nothing is ever too much, no matter what time it is, night or day.
“D” is for Distance…….Although the miles may separate us, a true
friend is never far away.
“S” is for Secrets……..Feelings and personal, private thoughts
that you can only share with a friend.
“H” is for Happiness……The way I feel when we are together.
“I” is for Inseparable….Through good times and bad, tears and
laughter. A friend will always be there for you.
“P” is for Perfect……..OUR FRIENDSHIP…
So, I have made another music video and I heartily dedicated this to them: Girlie, Mazel, Dhina, Lotus, Yang-Yang, and most especially to Felman.

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At March 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Blogger PinayWAHM said...

Hey...

Yes..real friends are really hard to find.Lucky for you that met some real ones in your lifetime.

Anyway, just passing thru. I got you tagged din.

http://pinaywahm.com/2008/03/life-is-full-of-gratitude.html

Take care,

Juliana

 
At March 29, 2008 at 7:42 PM, Blogger vinkoy said...

hello just taking a peak at your site.. bisdak diay ka? taga davao nuon ko.. pero naa ko parente didto sa cebu.. hehe.. ayo-ayo

-vincent-

pudi pa add? hehe. gi add na tika. bow

http://isos.lcvsamalestates.com/

 
At March 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Blogger Tey said...

Friends are really hard to find. Frustrating to loose one. passing by tweety

 

Post a Comment

<< Home