Sunday, April 6, 2008

And u calling me colored?

I was checking my messages on my old cellphone, the phone I got when I was still in Pinas, then one message that I have saved is this. This touching little poem, reportedly written by an African child was nominated for the Best Poem in 2005.



Wen i born, i black.
Wen I grow up, i black.
Wen I scared, i black.
Wen i sick, i black.
When i die, i still black.
And u white fella, wen u born, you pink.
Wen u grow up, u white.
Wen u go in the sun, u red.
Wen u cold, u blue.
Wen u scared, u yellow.
Wen u sick, u green.
Wen u die, u gray.

And u calling me colored?

-->

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 2:49 AM, Blogger SPLICE said...

I think I came across this poem about two years ago. Really hammers the emotions straight through the heart.

 
At April 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Really touching! 1000 volumes of books cannot express so much! Congrats!

Krishna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home